Friday, May 28, 2010

What I want to be when I grow up

When I was a kid I remember being asked "what do you want to be when you grow up?". Oh and I had answers from being a cop (like my dad),scientist either working with bugs or koala's. Through out my childhood it did change a little in highschool I wanted to write plays or act even writing books intriqued me. I was told by many teachers that I had a gift for science and a few even tried to help me career wise with that.

But never once did I dream lying in bed at night that I would be a mom! Being married to Doogie Howser and Ponch from Chips I needed to be sexy and enticing and full of mystery. Not frumpy,clothes with stains,unshaved and having hair different colors (gray, blonde and brown,wait greasy isn't a color right?). As a teenager I didn't dare go out of the house without makeup and I actually tried to look cute in my clothes I did things with my hair instead of up in a pony tail or in a clip. Where did those dreams turn into a nightmare?

Ok so Doogie turned out to be gay and Ponch was a little older then me and married. There had to be guys that were sexy in a skin tight uniform and rich and nerdy. When did sexy turn into underwear with no holes,clean socks and hair brushed? And honestly I doubt I have any unholy underwear,they were blessed by the Pope and I really hope I don't get into a car accident! My clothes hmmm I think I have things from the 80's that have finally come back into style except the stirup leggings are so tight they look like pantyhose. I am that mom without a bra on in baggy clothes running to the car to get the kids to school and hoping that I don't get pulled over (especially by Ponch) because I would get arrested for trying to carrying a concealed weapon when really I was just trying to hold my breasts up with my arms. My kids would be in therapy because the other kids would see me but luckly the strip search would be quick and I might actually get a shower! Wait do they let kids visit you in prison? Nevermind they don't DVR my shows.

I could be used in highschool as the perfect birth control device. I could walk in the classroom and look at all the girls and say "look at me this is what kids do to you!". And the guys that is even easier "this is what your woman will look like after kids while eating a tub of frosting while we pms". Do you want to have sex NOW?

I am really not saying being a mom,a wife,maid,cook and throw up catcher is a horrible life. Okay maybe I am a little but it could be worse we could be a species that eats their kids if they are bad. Man a kid wouldn't live past terrible two's then. But when we were asked what we wanted to be this was not my dream. I do hope when people ask my daughter what she wants to be when she grows up she says she wants to be loving,giving,laughing and hard working. Because my heart,soul and dreams live through my kids and you can only get that from being a mom. Dreams always do come true they may just take a detour until the time is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment